Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Jesus, the light that drives out darkness in my soul

S - John 1:4-5 (NASB)
4In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men.5The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
O -   John starts off in His book on the Gospel story of Christ helping all of us understand that Christ was there from the beginning, one with the Father.  He was part of the Holy Trinity and from the beginning in him was life,  the life that would light and fill men,   would uncover and cause darkness to retreat.   In essence He was the source of the spirit in us.  Once sin entered our lives, and darkness began to fill our spirits.  It would be and is Christ who would come and chase out the darkness in us, with his spirit, that would dwell in us. 

A -  The application for me is recognize it is Christ in me that pushes the darkness out.  I am a child of God, but first I was a child of Adam.  Darkness entered my life and had been pressing out the light until I came to know Christ.  I have for a long season embraced the light, and Jesus in me has pressed out every darkness.  Recently I have allowed the darkness to creep back in through passivity and withdrawal.  I must draw near to God,  remember my first love, and invite Christ back to shine light on my darkness.

P - Lord this is my  prayer, that I confess I have allowed the darkness to creep back into my life, and I can not rid myself of this darkness without you.  No amount of rest, or recreation can replace you love, and I am petitioning you to come spirit into me, and light the darkness and restore my soul.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment