Monday, September 14, 2015

Cleansing and restoring of our spirit

S -  Ezekial 39: 25-27   (NASB)
5Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. 26Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances.


O - The prophet Ezekial speaks words of hope and mercy from God, who was correcting the people of Israel.   The Lords promise is to give the people a fresh start,  Sprinkling clean water on them to purify them from their past baggage that is keeping them separated from God.  He restores and renews to include a new heart and spirit.  These words are likely the prophesy of what was to come through sacrifice in Jesus, where we are purified by the  lamb of God, and the Holy spirit is given to each of us, and Christ lives in us, helping us stay close to God.

A  -  This story of salvation is refreshed in me.   I am encouraged that salvation is not a one time experience with God, but rather a on going process of Christ in me.  In this season I feel encouraged by this scripture that God is still sprinkling me with his righteous water to clease me , and restore my heart of stone to a heart after God.


P -  My prayer Lord is that you wash me clean once again, because I have strayed from my first love.   I need a renewing and restoring of my heart, mind, and spirit.   I ask that this scripture be hidden deep in my heart.  I pray Lord that you would guard my heart and mind in Christ name,  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment