Thursday, September 24, 2015

Reborn in the Spirit

S - John 3: 4-6 (NASB)
 "How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born, can he?" 5Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

O -  Jesus is teaching Nicodemous,  an educated and aged Pharisee,  that there is a new understanding and truth that He is bringing.  That as man we are born of flesh and we work in our flesh to strive after righteousness.  But the new truth is that which is born  of flesh is temporary and will pass away.  That which is born of the spirit of God endures.   Jesus came to deliver the spirit of God into those who will receive and be reborn in the Spirit.   "the grass will whither, the flowers will fade, but your word will last for ever".


A - Today's message for me comes from a God who loves and is pursuing me.  I reflect on the things born of my flesh,  that these things are and will fade away.   What endures is what truth He has spoke into my life, and what peace he has given me.  My mother in laws witness to me of what man cannot do in flesh, but God can do all things when we give His spirit to the situations we find ourselves in.   
P - Dear heavenly Father, I give you my life,  I desire to be reborn in spirit and truth.   I desire to once again die to my flesh and be reborn, so that I can live a life that is honoring to you,  so that your name would be glorified, and many more would know you.  I pray this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment