Sunday, March 1, 2015

Trusting in God's provision

Trusting in God's provision

S - Mark 7:15-21 (NASB)
 "Watch out! Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and the leaven of Herod." 16They began to discuss with one another the fact that they had no bread.17And Jesus, aware of this, said to them, "Why do you discuss the fact that you have no bread? Do you not yet see or understand? Do you have a hardened heart? 18Having eyesdo you not see? And having earsdo you not hear? And do you not remember, 19when I broke the five loaves for the five thousand, how many baskets full of broken pieces you picked up?" They said to Him, "Twelve." 20"When I brokethe seven for the four thousand, how many large baskets full of broken pieces did you pick up?" And they said to Him, "Seven." 21And He was saying to them, "Do you not yet understand?"

O -  Jesus statement here comes right after the feeding of the four thousand and they get into the boat with only one loaf of bread.  They travel through cities in which signs he is from God are demanded.  Then he looks at his own disciples who are traveling with them and asks why they do not understand who he is.  

A  -  Now while I can relate to Jesus being disappointed in His disciples for not understanding I am more convicted that I am like the disciples.  I, despite the things God has done in my life, forget and have  found myself wishing and praying my circumstances where different.  I lose my trust in God's  ability to change my circumstances and in many case for His ability to supply my every need. today's  lesson is for me to remember to trust in God's provision in all circumstances, He is sufficient.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your provision and your reminder today.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment