Friday, March 6, 2015

Remember who I am in Christ

Remember who I am in Christ
S- DEU 4:9 NASB

"Only give heed to yourself and keep your soul diligently, so that you do not forget the things which your eyes have seen and they do not depart from your heart all the days of your life; but make them known to your sons and your grandsons.

O - This comes from Moses as the Israelites are about to posses the promised land.  Moses was trying to both give confidence and heed a warning to the people to recognize they are a chosen people, called by God, saved from slavery by God,  provided for by God in the desert, and given an inheritance the promised land by God.  God has given them His statutes so that they may live and not be separated from God again.

A - The application for me is heed the warning of Moses to "keep my soul diligently" never forgetting the very personal things God has done for me and my life.  He has saved me, through his son, from a life that would never be satisfied and constantly longing for love and acceptance.   He has provided for me a wife, family, home, occupation, and calling.   All these things have clear stories of how He personally stepped in, guided my way, provided and saved me from myself and the world.  

P -  Dear heavenly father, thank you for today's message, may it be sealed to my heart  I pray lord that you would continue to lead and guide me as I walk out your calling on my life.  Lord help me never to forget who you are and what you have done in my life.  All this I pray in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment