Saturday, February 28, 2015

Love - the only eternal principle

S - 1 Cor 13:2 (NASB)
2If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

O -  This comes from the "love" chapter, where Paul is teaching the church of Corinth many of the Christian principles of which they are to follow to live a Christian life.  You sense here toward the end of the letter he understands how we as followers of Christ can turn our walk into rules and regulations, vice a relationship, with God, and with others.  So he brings them back to the core principle of love.  

A - The application for me is that I often have to pause and remember despite all the disciplines I have tried to master, the one behavior and principle that I periodically have to correct back to is love.   If I am excellent in all my endeavors at work, at home, at the church, and am not truly loving people I have missed the mark and it would all be for my vanity. If I love in the process of leading people at work, at home, and in the church it will all be for the glory of God and the building up of His kingdom.

P - Dear heavenly father , thank you for this message, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray lord for a cutting away of things in me that cause me to react not in love but in the flesh.   I pray all these things in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment