Monday, March 2, 2015

Godly covering as husband and father

Godly covering as husband and father

S NUM 30:3-5 NASB
"Also if a woman makes a vow to the Lord , and binds herself by an obligation in her father's house in her youth, and her father hears her vow and her obligation by which she has bound herself, and her father says nothing to her, then all her vows shall stand and every obligation by which she has bound herself shall stand. But if her father should forbid her on the day he hears of it, none of her vows or her obligations by which she has bound herself shall stand; and the Lord will forgive her because her father had forbidden her.

O -  These instructions are for a young nation of Israel now following God by pillar of fire and cloud.  They are a nation who has chosen to follow God but struggled with trust issues.   God has agreed to be with them and even speak directly to them, but they have asked Moses to intercede for them.  They desire provision and to be cared for but they want to name the terms with God.  This is all context of this paragraph in scripture which for someone like me seems extra ordinarily detailed as to girls and woman's vows.  I recognize it as likely necessary because of our nature, so I recognize their is ultimately wisdom that God is bestowing on his people.

A - The application for me is for the leadership of my daughters and wife.  For my girls I recognize I have an obligation to not be a passive father, who pays no attention to the commitments my girls are making.   As for my wife, we are one, but I can have a tendency to want her to have her independent voice.  I realize I am called as her husband to be the head, and as her partner in life to be connected and supportive of her.  I must in both case, daughters and wife, be confident and committed in my role of father and husband,  attentive and decisive.  I must make biblical principled decision, with the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

P -  Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you would shape me in your image as father and bridegroom, to lead my daughters and wife like you have lead your church.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment