Thursday, July 3, 2014

Ordering my ways

SS - 2CH 27:6 NASB

So Jotham became mighty because he ordered his ways before the Lord his God.

O - Jotham was a King of Israel during a time when the leaders of Israel had been going between following the ways of the Lord or leading in a way that David did, and outright making up there own way including following other gods and allowing the culture of those around them to infiltrate the culture of God's people.   It was also in a time where the prophet Isaiah had already foretold of the judgement that would befall the people of Israel, defeat and eventually exile.  However, despite this , Jotham became mighty because he ordered his ways before the Lord.   Our circumstanaces are not to shape our posture.   When things are going our way it is easy to stand up and exalt God and follow his ways; however,  when averse times come does our posture change, slumped over facing the opposite direction of God.  Do we seek to comfort ourselves by looking for the closest thing that will provide us some sense of relief , or do we order ourselves, and our ways, to the Lords ways, and wait patiently on the Lord.

A - The application for me is to recognize that I too can get wrapped up in my surrounding circumstances.   If I don't pause and take account of my life and my actions and ensure they are ordered in the ways of the Lord, I may find myself slumped over , facing the wrong direction and wondering how I got there.   I choose now to reorder my life before the Lord and allow him to correct any misdirection and show me His ways for my life.

P- Dear heavenly father, thank you today may this lesson be sealed to my heart.  I pray for forgiveness for any ways that have not been from you but that were in fact opposite of your ways.  I pray for the Holy spirit to help me order my ways and that they would be your ways. I pray all this in Jesus name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment