Friday, July 11, 2014

A new covenant, a new life, a new Kingdom

S Hebrews 8:10-12 NLT
But this is the new covenant I will make with the people of Israel on that day, says the lord : I will put my laws in their minds, and I will write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. And they will not need to teach their neighbors, nor will they need to teach their relatives, saying, ‘You should know the lord .’ For everyone, from the least to the greatest, will know me already. And I will forgive their wickedness, and I will never again remember their sins.”

O - This new covenant thing is pretty awesome!  I can imagine Paul who grew up very educated on the old covenant, even to the point of practicing it in a manner that he stoned Christ followers.   I now he comes to the understanding of the greatness of the freedom from the old covenant which though was perfect, was proven not possible for man to keep based on our  nature.  But now this new covenant is one in which God placess on the hearts and minds of the people the laws;  in stead of scroll and paper passed generation to generation through man, it would be given to people directly by God, and they would know Him.

A - The reminder for me today is to understand though I strive to go deeper in God's word, and know him more, He has already written on my heart and my His laws.  I am free from the depravity of my passed sins and able to daily commune with God to refresh my heart, mind, and spirit.   Today I live in the Kingdom of God, for I am no longer separated, thanks to Jesus, my Lord and Savior.

P -  Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Jesus, thank you that he died on the cross, to reconcile me with you.  Dear Jesus, thank you for your daily comfort and intercession,  and for being my Lord.   I pray Lord that you would help me to serve in your kingdom in a meaningful way.  In your name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment