Thursday, May 27, 2010

God's trans formative plan, works all things for good

God's trans formative plan, works all things for good

S- Romans 8: 28-31 (NASB)

28And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

29For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren;

30and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.

O - These verses bring me both comfort, strength, as well as hope for what God is doing in my own life. At times things seem to be going bad, even in ministry work, and then this verse tells me God causes all things to work TOGETHER for GOOD (... especially for those who love God (first commandment) and are call according to His purpose. Wow, that is awesome, knowing that the small and localized defeats God can weave together for his purpose and for overall good; all I need to to do is patiently wait on Him. The second hope in this verse is that for those the God called, and predestined, he justified and will glorify; He does this through verse 29 by helping the individuals become conformed to he image of Christ.



A - I sense this is affirmation of God's plans to transform us (me) his creation from broken and ineffective in His kingdom to restored, justified, and glorified through the transformative process of becoming more and like Jesus. He does this through the process of transforming our character in the process outlined in 2 Cor 1:5-8 "faith, moral excellence, knowing God, self control, patient endurance, godliness, love for other Christians, love for everyone).

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart. I pray Lord that you would continue to speak life and truth into my life, and help me continue to be transformed into the likeness of Christ. I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment