Sunday, May 2, 2010

Realigning your marriage for oneness on the body

Realigning your marriage for oneness on the body

S - Matt 19:4-6 (NASB)

3Some Pharisees came to Jesus, testing Him and asking, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any reason at all?"

4And He answered and said, "Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning MADE THEM MALE AND FEMALE,

5and said, 'FOR THIS REASON A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER AND BE JOINED TO HIS WIFE, AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH'?

6"So they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate."

O - I need an exhortation to the oneness of my relationship with my wife every now and again. Because just like within myself at time it feels as if there is a war within the oneness of the relationship, the connectedness can feel disconnected. The truth is God has joined my wife and me into one, and given us each a function in that body. The key is to maintain good communication and synchronization between the different parts of this marriage body. This is the challenge that I think most couples struggle to face, they sense that if there is not unity of direction and purpose in the marriage body that the body should be separated , rather than aligned. This is a falsehood, which we can relate to within ourselves. At times our heads desire one thing - good health, fit bodies, and exercise but our body parts feel weary and tired, and desire rest. The battle rages and because we can't align the too we end up not meeting either needs. It is the same for our marriage body, we can think two different priorities are in tension with each other, and that no solution can be found, and therefore we must separate and go our separate ways in order for both needs to be met. God's truth says differently.

A - The application for me is to recognize that I need to align my marital body with a common direction and purpose, one that meets all the needs of the body, without neglecting any one parts needs. Oh there need to be sacrifice, in order to be healthy and fit, the tired body part will have to exercise, and the weary body part will have to be given rest, but the key is to recognize God has brought the body together and when functioning properly (as God designed it to do ) all parts can be healthy and vital and more powerful as a whole than the sum of the individual parts.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart. I pray Lord for wisdom and discernment on the area's of my marriage I need to help align and bring back into oneness with the body. I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment