Saturday, May 8, 2010

Restorative power of confession and transparency

Restorative power of confession and transparency
S - Psalm 32:3-5 (NASB)
3When I kept silent about my sin, my body wasted away
Through my groaning all day long.
4For day and night Your hand was heavy upon me;
My vitality was drained away as with the fever heat of summer. Selah.
5I acknowledged my sin to You,
And my iniquity I did not hide;
I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD";
And You forgave the guilt of my sin. Selah.

O - Confessing our sin is healthy and restorative. Holding on to sin, and burying it deep in our shame and hidden from others ultimately causes us to waste away. David's psalm reminds me of why I continue to want to try and be transparent with others whom I closely trust, and especially with God, in my daily walk with Him. I know that before Christ I held on to all my sins and burderns and carried them on my own, and that eventually the weight of that was to much for my physical body to handle, and it wasted away. Once I confessed my sins, my burdens to God, he began lifting them one by one, and restoring me.

A - The application for me is to continue in the practice of daily confession of sins and trangressions to the Lord, continue to share with those in my close inner circle, the burdens I am struggling with, and trust that through God and the people He has placed in my life. I am also called to be a witness to others whom need to hear this testimony of God's restorative power to those who acknowledge their sin, and do not hide from the Lord.

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's devotion, may it be sealed to my heart. I pray Lord that you would continue your restorative ways in my life, and continue to use me as a witness to the power of transparency and confession of sins, and most importantly your love, grace, and restorative power in our lives. I pray this in Jesus, name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment