Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Connected to the vine

​S-John‬ ‭15‬:‭5‬-‭7‬ ‭NLT‬‬

““Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. Anyone who does not remain in me is thrown away like a useless branch and withers. Such branches are gathered into a pile to be burned. But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted!”

O - Jesus here is speaking again to His disciples to let them know that He is the way and the truth.  He is the vine and we are the branches that are connected to him.  If we are connected and remain in Him we may ask for anything in His name and it will be granted to us.  It is also a warning that we are to produce fruit from our branches or risk being pruned if unfruitful.

A -  The application for me is to remain in Christ , connected and fed from his vine.  I can do that by staying in His word and praying in His spirit.   I am to seek to be nurished by Christ and produce good fruit that is my relationships with those he has put in my life.

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's devotion , may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you help me stay connected to you and produce Godly fruit.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen‭‭


No comments:

Post a Comment