Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Freedom from our sins

​S-‭‭Acts of the Apostles‬ ‭13‬:‭38‬-‭39‬ ‭NLT‬‬

““Brothers, listen! We are here to proclaim that through this man Jesus there is forgiveness for your sins. Everyone who believes in him is made right in God’s sight—something the law of Moses could never do.”

O - These are Paul's words to the people of Antioch on his missionary trip.  He went to the Synagogues and preached the word of God , explaining that it was Jesus who was sacrificed on a cross and raised from the dead by His Father in heaven.  It was through this sacrifice and God's mercy that we have forgiveness of our sin when we believe in Jesus is the Christ.  

A - The application for me is to believe that Jesus is my Lord and savior.  My sins have been washed away and I stand before God holy and righteous.   I am to live thankfully for Jesus' finished work on the cross and to rejoice and be glad for the life He has given me.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray that you would know my gratefullness for the sacrifice you made for me and that you would accept my humble confession.  I pray all this in Jesus Christ name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment