Saturday, April 8, 2023

Rejoice in His victory

​S-‭‭John‬ ‭16‬:‭20‬-‭21‬ ‭NLT‬‬

“I tell you the truth, you will weep and mourn over what is going to happen to me, but the world will rejoice. You will grieve, but your grief will suddenly turn to wonderful joy. It will be like a woman suffering the pains of labor. When her child is born, her anguish gives way to joy because she has brought a new baby into the world.”

O - These are Jesus' words to his disciples just before he would be given up to be crucified.  He knew this would challenge and cause great pain and sorrow in His disciples, but he wanted to leave them with the hope that we have in Him rising from the dead and having paid for our sin and defeated death he would go before us to His Father and send the Holy Spirit to his disciples.  Their sorrow would be turned to joy as the redemption of His life for our sins would once and forever restore God's relationship with His children.

A - The application for me is to on this Easter weekend rejoice in the redemptive work that Jesus did on the cross.   I am to rejoice for Jesus has died for my sins and restored me to the Father.  I have been gifted the Holy Spirit to revive in me a hunger and passion for my lord and savior.  I am to walk in the victory that Jesus has won over sin and death. 

P -  Dear heavenly Father, thank you for todays devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you help me to walk in your spirit and truth and believe all that you have done for me.  I pray this in Jesus name,  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment