Thursday, April 13, 2023

Being an active witness

​S-‭‭Acts of the Apostles‬ ‭5‬:‭29‬-‭31‬ ‭NLT‬‬

“But Peter and the apostles replied, “We must obey God rather than any human authority. The God of our ancestors raised Jesus from the dead after you killed him by hanging him on a cross. Then God put him in the place of honor at his right hand as Prince and Savior. He did this so the people of Israel would repent of their sins and be forgiven.”

O - These words were said as Peter and John were brought before the Sanhedrin and told not to testify in Jesus name anymore.  They replied by asking who they should obey God or man.  They testified to Jesus being raised from the dead by God and is now seated at the right hand of the Father.  This was all done so that the people of Israel would repent of their sins and be forgiven their sins, washed clean by the blood of Christ. 

A - The application for me is to believe that Jesus paid it all , for the sins of all mankind but specifically for my sins.  As a follower of Christ I am to look at the example of the Apostles and be bold in sharing the Gospel of Christ, witnessing to what God has done through his only son Jesus. 

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord you give me the faith and boldness of the Apostles, opening up and sharing the good news to those you put in my life.  I pray all this in Jesus Christ name, amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment