Wednesday, April 12, 2023

The good news in my life

​S-‭‭Acts of the Apostles‬ ‭2‬:‭37‬-‭39‬ ‭NLT‬‬

“Peter’s words pierced their hearts, and they said to him and to the other apostles, “Brothers, what should we do?” Peter replied, “Each of you must repent of your sins and turn to God, and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. Then you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. This promise is to you, to your children, and to those far away—all who have been called by the Lord our God.””

O - These are Peters words that he spoke to a gathering of people including all those that believed in Jesus.  For those the words pierced their hearts they were affected by these words from God and Peter was asked by them what they should do.   Peter replied simply repent of your sins,  be baptized in Jesus name and your sins will be forgiven.  Not only that but the Holy Spirit would come and rest in you.   These promises were for those who heard Peters message and to their children and even those far away who were being called to God.

A - These words that Peter spoke were to the few that were there with him but also a testimony for years to come to the many that lived throughout the world.  This Gospel is a gift even to me and my family today.  The application for me is to walk in the truth that my sins are forgiven and I have been baptized in Jesus name, and have received the Holy Spirit.  I am to walk in this truth and share God's testimony of his work in my life.  

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you help me to walk in your Spirit and Truth.   I pray that my life would a witness to my family and those around me of the goodness you are in my life.   I pray all this in Jesus Christ name, Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment