Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Pray in Jesus name

​S-‭‭Jo‬‬hn‬ ‭14‬:‭12‬-‭14‬ ‭NLT

““I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father. You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father. Yes, ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it!”

O- Jesus spoke these words on his last night with the disciples.  He knew His time had come and He would soon put a finished stamp on his sacrifice for us once and for all.  Here he is telling His disciples they will soon be able to do the same works as he did, healing the sick and casting out demons.  They need only ask in his name and it will be done.  

A - The application for me is to remember Jesus' promise to his disciples is the same promise to us.  If I pray in His name it will be answered.  I simply need to have the holy spirit in me know what to pray for and what is in God's will so that my prayers will be truely in His name.

P- Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart. I pray that you would help me be one with you and the Father Jesus, so I might be humble and pray in your will for things to be done.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment