Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Storing up my treasures in Heaven

 S - Luke 12:33-34  (NASB)

33 “Sell your possessions and give to charity; make yourselves money belts that do not wear out, an inexhaustible treasure in heaven, where no thief comes near nor does a moth destroy. 34 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

O - Jesus is speaking to His disciples about the treasures of this world that do not last.    It comes from a man who asks Jesus to tell his brother to give him half of the family inheritance.   Jesus tells him not worry about where he will get clothes to wear or food to eat but rather seek to store treasures in heaven that the moth will not destroy.   Instead he tells him to sell his possessions and give the profit to charity.   He says fill his money belt with the abundant treasures in heaven where no thief comes to steal.    For where you treasure is , there your heart will be also.

A - The application for me is to be sure to I am storing treasures in heaven and not on earth.  I must commit to selling my possessions and using the profit to give to charity.   Only then can I begin to store God's gift in storage in bags I will carry in heaven.  This treasure will be protected from thieves and  from the the destroying appetite of the moth.   When I store up my treasure in heaven then there my heart will be in heaven also.

P -  Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.   I pray Lord that you would help me to give away my treasures here on earth and give them to charity. I want to seek treasures in heaven to fill the hole in my heart that came from excavation in my heart of the things that I acquired here on earth.  I pray all this in Jesus' Christ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment