Thursday, January 21, 2021

Setting God's people free from slavery

 S - Exodus 3

The Burning Bush

Now Moses was pasturing the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian; and he led the flock to the [a]west side of the wilderness and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. The angel of the Lord appeared to him in a blazing fire from the midst of [b]a bush; and he looked, and behold, the bush was burning with fire, yet the bush was not consumed. So Moses said, “[c]I must turn aside now and see this [d]marvelous sight, why the bush is not burned up.” When the Lord saw that he turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the bush and said, “Moses, Moses!” And he said, “Here I am.” Then He said, “Do not come near here; remove your sandals from your feet, for the place on which you are standing is holy ground.” He said also, “I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.” Then Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look at God.

The Lord said, “I have surely seen the affliction of My people who are in Egypt, and have given heed to their cry because of their taskmasters, for I am aware of their sufferings. So I have come down to deliver them from the [e]power of the Egyptians, and to bring them up from that land to a good and spacious land, to a land flowing with milk and honey, to the place of the Canaanite and the Hittite and the Amorite and the Perizzite and the Hivite and the Jebusite. Now, behold, the cry of the sons of Israel has come to Me; furthermore, I have seen the oppression with which the Egyptians are oppressing them. 

O - My observation is that I need to be ready to follow the prompting of an Angel of God.  Whether it be a burning bush, or a the Angel Michael who presents himself to me so that I might prepare to receive a communication from God,  I am not to be shocked or afraid but rather listen humbly what my Lord has to say.  Since I am a decendent of Abraham God remembers His covenant with Abraham and will find a way to set free from captavity anyone in my family who remains enslaved.   

A - The application for me is to recognize that is alive and active and is wanting to set His people free.  Even though I may be in exile from the land of my captivity God can still use me to set my family free.  It may seem large and impossible to do this, but with God all things are possible.  I pray Lord that you would use me to set my family free from the bondage in which they live.  For my dad Ed, for my mom Jan, and my sister Lisa,  I pray that you would set them free so they might know and follow you.  I know you have never left or forsaken them and that now is the time for them to take the steps toward your freedom.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to your heart.  I pray Lord that you would begin the process to set your people in my family free.  I know I can't do it myself but with you on my side I cannot lose.   I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.  


No comments:

Post a Comment