Monday, January 11, 2021

Seeking, Asking, Knocking

 S - Luke 11:9-13 (NASB)

“So I say to you, [i]ask, and it will be given to you; [j]seek, and you will find; [k]knock, and it will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks, it will be opened. 11 Now [l]which one of you fathers will his son ask for a [m]fish, and instead of a fish, he will give him a snake? 12 Or he will even ask for an egg, and his father will give him a scorpion? 13 So if you, despite being [n]evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will [o]your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him?”

O -  My observation is this we are to do three things to seek the things of God for our life   1) Ask   2) Seek   3) Knock.   Each one is progressive and requires increasing action on our part.   Each one comes with the promise that if we are moved to action God will answer.   Our our Heavenly Father is a good, good Father and he will not give us something we have not asked for, and despite our sin He knows how to give good gifts to us that are beyond our ask.  The most important gift God will give those who ask Him is the Holy Spirit.

A - The application for me is to rejoice in the Lord's love and grace.  He is my good Father and when I asked gave me the Holy Spirit to guide and correct me.    I ask from that which the Holy Spirit reveals.   I seek out God's kingdom on earth and heaven.   I  knock on the door and Jesus opens it and makes a way for me.   

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's word, may it be sealed to my heart.   I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment