Monday, October 16, 2017

Tithing where you are


Tithing where you are
S-Malachi 3
8 “Will a man rob God? Yet you are robbing Me! But you say, ‘How have we robbed You?’ In tithes and offerings. 9 You are cursed with a curse, for you are robbing Me, the whole nation of you! 10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in My house, and test Me now in this,” says the Lord of hosts, “if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you a blessing until it overflows. 11 Then I will rebuke the devourer for you, so that it will not destroy the fruits of the ground; nor will your vine in the field cast its grapes,” says the Lord of hosts. 12 “All the nations will call you blessed, for you shall be a delightful land,” says the Lord of hosts.
13 “Your words have been arrogant against Me,” says the Lord. “Yet you say, ‘What have we spoken against You?’ 14 You have said, ‘It is vain to serve God; and what profit is it that we have kept His charge, and that we have walked in mourning before the Lord of hosts? 15 So now we call the arrogant blessed; not only are the doers of wickedness built up but they also test God and escape.’”

O- Malachi writes that God has spoken to him that his people needed to quit robbing him of the simple offering of a tithe. Malachi comes as the priest after the exiles return from Babylon, rebuild the walls of Jerusalem under Nehemiah, and begin restoring the nation of Israel. Malachi‘s words here indicate the need to get back to the basics, and one of the Basics is putting your trust in Him through the simple offering of 10 percent of the provision God has already blessed you with. This principle comes with a promise, when you put your trust in the Lord, acknowledge him in all that you have and all that you do, he will open up his treasures in heaven for you.

A- The application for me today is to  get my tithes and offerings realigned to our new home church here in Bremerton. I have likely waited too long to do so as we seek to make sure this church is our home church. I have kept my tithes and offerings going to New Hope in a Oahu because I know our hearts are still there. But God is showing me that we are to make this our home church and leave down this offering at his church his feet and trusting his ways.


P-Dear heavenly father, thank you for today’s lesson may it be forever sealed it to my heart. Lord thank you for growing me in this trust and obedience of your love and your provision. The lesson of tithing I have learned before, the lesson to trust you with this tithe. I look forward to the blessings you pour out on this church and my family here in Bremerton, not for my glory but for yours.  I pray all this in Jesus Christ name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment