Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Spirit led evangelism

Spirit Led Evangelism
S-Acts 8
25 So, when they had solemnly testified and spoken the word of the Lord, they started back to Jerusalem, and were preaching the gospel to many villages of the Samaritans.
26 But an angel of the Lord spoke to Philip saying, “Get up and go south to the road that descends from Jerusalem to Gaza.” (This is a desert road.) 27 So he got up and went; and there was an Ethiopian eunuch, a court official of Candace, queen of the Ethiopians, who was in charge of all her treasure; and he had come to Jerusalem to worship, 28 and he was returning and sitting in his chariot, and was reading the prophet Isaiah. 29 Then the Spirit said to Philip, “Go up and join this chariot.” 30 Philip ran up and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet, and said, “Do you understand what you are reading?” 31 And he said, “Well, how could I, unless someone guides me?” And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him. 32 Now the passage of Scripture which he was reading was this: “He was led as a sheep to slaughter; And as a lamb before its shearer is silent, So He does not open His mouth.
33 “In humiliation His judgment was taken away; Who will relate His generation? For His life is removed from the earth.” 34 The eunuch answered Philip and said, “Please tell me, of whom does the prophet say this? Of himself or of someone else?” 35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning from this Scripture he preached Jesus to him. 36 As they went along the road they came to some water; and the eunuch *said, “Look! Water! What prevents me from being baptized?” 37 [Early mss do not contain this v And Philip said, “If you believe with all your heart, you may.” And he answered and said, “I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.”] 38 And he ordered the chariot to stop; and they both went down into the water, Philip as well as the eunuch, and he baptized him. 39 When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord snatched Philip away; and the eunuch no longer saw him, but went on his way rejoicing. 40 But Philip found himself at Azotus, and as he passed through he kept preaching the gospel to all the cities until he came to Caesarea.

O-This passage is truly the first spirit led documentation of evangelism. We can see that Philip guided by the Holy Spirit simply went where he was prompted and shared the gospel with the eat Ethiopian eunuch. Up until this point evangelism had occurred closely within the areas where Jesus and his disciples went in they didn’t carry the good news. The difference now is that Jesus has ascended to heaven and the Holy Spirit has been given to the disciples and all who serve Jesus, and now they can continue God’s ministry to Jerusalem ,Samaria, and beyond.

A-  The application for me it’s really quite simple it’s to follow Philip’s example of obedience, By putting myself in a place where the holy spirit can guide my decisions on where to go and who to talk to. Like Philip, I have a desire to see your Jesus guide me,but often let the busyness of my life prevent me from being flexible to spend time where God is calling me. Today I think I need to consider leaving space in my schedule for the Holy Spirit. That means well and pointman tomorrow important to keep in my plans are well thought out, his plans are greater than mine and I need to be Spirit lead and all that I do.


P-Dear heavenly father thank you for this devotion this morning Lord me at PCL to my heart. Lord I pray that you would show me how to be spirit led, to help me participate in the plan, but not designed the plan. I pray this all in Jesus Christ name amen.

1 comment:

  1. Come join the fun, choosing to play the lottery online.
    คาสิโนออนไลน์ Games center with all kinds of bets are made every gambler games have come to join the fun to play games online gambling has been met with much satisfaction. To use games everyone has come to join the fun about playing the game so much fun and all superfluous. The subscriber games everyone has to choose to play games online easily at any time.
    Along the way, we also have a style of play to measure a wide range of online gambling games online. In order to use the games each has come to enjoy about playing the lottery online is vast and full of fun superfluous to use the Games to Bet Online has come to the event for the Games. I have a lot of online and it is very much every moment.
    We also have another prototype of the game online bets every time you have very many players you have to bet on every play could easily have a lot of fun. บาคาร่าออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete