Monday, October 2, 2017

The source of our strength and peace


The source of our strength and peace
S- Psalm 147
10 He does not delight in the strength of the horse; He does not take pleasure in the legs of a man.
11 The Lord favors those who fear Him, Those who wait for His lovingkindness.
12 Praise the Lord, O Jerusalem! Praise your God, O Zion!
13 For He has strengthened the bars of your gates; He has blessed your sons within you.
14 He makes peace in your borders; He satisfies you with the finest of the wheat.

O- this song is for those like me who at times and allow pride to get in our way. God's people because they follow him often times find themselves in favorable situations.  This can leave them falsely to the conclusion that your hard work and their talents have gotten them to this place of peace and abundance. And that's the cycle that men and women of God begin to delight in their own strengths and lose their reverence for what the Lord is doing in their lives. This song is an exhortation and a warning.

A-The application for me is to be both encouraged by this song, and cautious of myself righteousness. I am to be encouraged because God is with me he favors me because I fear him and wait on him. He allows me to be disciplined when I rely on my own strength he allows me to be bound by this world when I begin to feel free from him.  God is faithful to me either way, but I know the way in which I desire to live is one in which I fear the Lord and trust in him.


P- dear heavily father thank you for today's devotion,  for its simplicity and for its depth.  Lord I pray that you help me to walk this walk that you have described here in which I am to genuinely fear and have reverence of you and never forget you are in my life and in this world.  Lord thank you for the many many blessings you've already given in lord if I haven't done it enough I want to give you praise glory and honor for the piece you brighten to my family and my life in the strength knowledge and skills you have blessed me with. I pray all of this in Jesus name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment