Wednesday, October 11, 2017

The source of my strength

The source of my strength
s-Nehemiah 6
15 So the wall was completed on the twenty-fifth of the month Elul, in fifty-two days. 16 When all our enemies heard of it, and all the nations surrounding us saw it, they lost their confidence; for they recognized that this work had been accomplished with the help of our God. 

O- The Scripture comes right after Nehemiah gather a team to rebuild the wall in Jerusalem. Now there was much going against what he was trying to accomplish, many people did not wish to see the wall built, but Nehemiah persevered. What is most interesting and relevant is that the people who were against him in this endeavor lost their confidence because they recognize the work I’ve been accomplished with the help of God, and who are they to go against God. This was likely due to Nehemiah letting everyone know where his strength came from Kerry of the mission

A- The application for me is to first recognize where my strength comes from, the Lord. In all that I do if I do it for the lord then it needs to also be obvious to those I am serving and to those around me who may oppose me. Because in my life there will be adversaries and foes who do not support what I am trying to accomplish in the name of the Lord. I must let them know not so that they are scared but so that when God helps me accomplish the task at hand I can easily give God all the glory, and their hearts can be changed


P- dear heavenly father thank you for today’s devotion, may it be sealed to my heart. Lord I pray that you give me a heart of Nehemiah as a leader, who is passionate about the mission, who knows how to lead, and puts his trust in you. Help me to ensure I give you all the glory to those around me at work at home and in the community, so that they will know where my strength comes from.  I pray this in Jesus Christ name amen.

1 comment:

  1. "... for the joy of the LORD is your strength." - Nehemiah 8:10

    ReplyDelete