Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The structure on the foundation

S- Psalms 37:1-8 NASB

Do not fret because of evildoers, Be not envious toward wrongdoers. For they will wither quickly like the grass And fade like the green herb. Trust in the L ord and do good; Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness. Delight yourself in the L ord ; And He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the L ord , Trust also in Him, and He will do it. He will bring forth your righteousness as the light And your judgment as the noonday. Rest in the L ord and wait patiently for Him; Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way, Because of the man who carries out wicked schemes. Cease from anger and forsake wrath; Do not fret; it leads only to evildoing.

1 Corinthians 3:10-15 NASB

According to the grace of God which was given to me, like a wise master builder I laid a foundation, and another is building on it. But each man must be careful how he builds on it. For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if any man builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, each man's work will become evident; for the day will show it because it is to be revealed with fire, and the fire itself will test the quality of each man's work. If any man's work which he has built on it remains, he will receive a reward. If any man's work is burned up, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

O - Words of Wisdom from great men of God ,  David and Paul.   These words are about where we put our trust (foundation) in .    When we build it on the solid unmoveable, unchanging foundation of God through Christ, the foundation will always remain.   We though build on these foundations and when we build we will be distracted, tempted, and discourage by the environment around us.  Circumstances and treasures of the world may cause us to focus on the wrong the thing or build with the wrong materials, but we must build in a culture of faithfulness and righteousness.  We must build with the provision and strength of the Lord and not our own strength.   We must rest in the Lord because this is His command, this is our provision, and it is in the rest of the Lord we grown in patience and peace, so that we might not out of anxiousness or fear.   If our heart and spirit are right when we build, the structure that sits on the foundation of Christ will stand the test.  If we do not, the good news is though our structure my burndown our foundation will remain.

A -  The application for me is to recognize that I have a solid foundation in Christ.  I have built many things on that foundation, some have burned down,  others remain.    The things that remain are of God the things that have faded were not of God.  When I rest in the Lord,  spend time in devotions listening,  grow in patience and waiting on the Lord  have the ability to hear his still quiet voice and can know what it is He wants me to build.   My temptation lies at times in my own impatience and creativity.  When I live in my head only, and not in my heart I can create things that are not of God.  I am reminded to take daily time to seek the Lord to ask what I am to build next.

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for todays message, may it be sealed to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment