Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The seed scorched by the sun

S- Mark 4:5-6 NASB

Other seed fell on the rocky ground where it did not have much soil; and immediately it sprang up because it had no depth of soil.  And after the sun had risen, it was scorched; and because it had no root, it withered away.

O - This is a parable that Jesus was telling to the people,  his disciples included.  Later on in Mark it goes on to explain that Jesus spoke in this parables so that the unbelieving (in Him) could not understand, later he would speak plainly with His disciples (and thus to us).  The seed is the word of God (more specifically the Gospel)  and the plant is Christ growing in peoples hearts.

A -  This seed is one that always troubled in a very personal way.  It represents me in the sense that if my root is not deep enough I tough can be scorched by the sun, or the worries of this world, the heat of the
daily worries of the  world.   It also represents my friends and family members of whom I am unsure of their relationship with Christ.  In almost all cases I am aware that they have been introduced to the Gospel but either it is an inward faith or I suspect when they heard they received and their faith popped up but due to no depth of soil the worries of the world scorched it.   I am particularly mindful of my parents who have told me of their understanding of Christ and his church and at times have leaned in on their faith but the worries of the daily life still consume them.

P - Dear heavenly father,  I pray for wisdom and discernment in this area of understanding my own ability to be scorched by the worries of the world.   Lord help me to shield my heart and fan the growth of Christ in my own heart, as well as understand who I might help others, even those who have already been scorched to replant their seed.

No comments:

Post a Comment