Monday, March 24, 2014

Humble servant attitude - all things to all people

S- 1 Corinthians 9:22-23 NASB

To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak; I have become all things to all men, so that I may by all means save some. I do all things for the sake of the gospel, so that I may become a fellow partaker of it.

O - Paul is really closing strong here in this letter to the church at Corinth.  He is asserting in this chapter both his rights as a Apostle, as an Ox at the threshing floor,  to receive support from those he is working for in the early part of the chapter and then lays down this statement which I imagine to be controversial and some without knowledge and understanding of Paul's heart and the Holy spirit's ministry might have called "conforming to the world".    But instead Paul describes a enduring legacy of his humble servatitude to Christ alone.  He became all things to all people for the sake of the Gospel.   He denied his rights for the sake of the Gospel,  he proclaimed his full rights for the sake of the Gospel  .... "so that [he] may save some".

A -  The application for me is to recognize that as a follower of Christ i will follow Him where ever His ministry is going.  If it means to the top of the mountain where I influence the masses then I must go.  If it means in the deep valleys of peoples lives in the hardest places that people live, then I must be willing to go.   The battle for peoples eternal souls and the delivery of the Good News of Christ must be waged where Christ is. 

P-  Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you would continue to give me opportunities to minister your Good News to those you have placed in my life.  I confess I am unsure if I have represented you as boldly as you need me to.   I pray for the wisdom, discernment and boldness to continue to witness your grace in my life and your power in the lives of all those who would call you lord.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment