Friday, March 28, 2014

Above all things, LOVE

S- 1 Corinthians 13:1-2 NASB

If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 NASB

Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered,  does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

O- What a shift in Paul in his letter to the Corinthians he is both tough, corrective and disciplined as well as fatherly, teacher and exhorter of the the church.   He goes all heart here as he dives in to describe all the gifts (spiritual or natural) and says we can be great with all of these but without love they are nothing, in fact in the end all that will remain is love and the need for these other gifts will go away because love will reign.

A - I found myself resisting journaling again on these same versus likely for dissappointment in myself that I haven't mastered what they say and I know they are as plain as day.  I believe the Holy Spirit prompted me to keep working on it.  Keep reminding myself in all things love must be the primary foundation.   At work I can discipline... with love,  I can correct with love.  At home I can guide my children with love,  I can encourage and lead my wife with love.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for todays lesson, may it be sealed to my heart. I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment