Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The Excellency of Brotherly Unity


S-Psalm 133 NASB

A Song of Ascents, of David.
133 Behold, how good and how pleasant it is
For brothers to dwell together in unity!
2 It is like the precious oil upon the head,
Coming down upon the beard,
Even Aaron’s beard,
Coming down upon the edge of his robes.
3 It is like the dew of Hermon
Coming down upon the mountains of Zion;
For there the Lord commanded the blessing—life forever.

O -  Today my observation is that I can see the Gospel being preached by David, who was before Christ but not before God,  whose plan for us was always there for our salvation and restoration of relationship with Him and with others.   The Gospel is fulfilled through Christ, but proclaimed from the very beginning of God's creation.   That He desired /commanded of His creation two things,  to love Him (which David whose very heart was after God's own),   and to love others (... to dwell together in unity).    

A - The application for me is to understand that I am to desire and aspire to live together with my brothers in unity.  Unity of spirit, unity of cause,  unity of purpose.   We are all to be for God,  for His church,  and not against one another.

P - Dear heavenly Father,  thank you for this daily injection of your Word into my life, in a way that I can apply it today!   I wake up every morning Father and so look forward to our time together that I would be dissappointed if I didn't have this daily opportunity to reflect on your goodness,  and focus on my relationship with you.   Father, I pray that you help me walk in the spirit of truth and unity , with those brothers you have placed in my life,  with those people you have placed in my path, and with the family you have blessed me with.  I pray all of this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment