Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Childlike Trust in the Lord.


S - Psalm 131 NASB

A Song of Ascents, of David.
131 O Lord, my heart is not proud, nor my eyes [a]haughty;
Nor do I [b]involve myself in great matters,
Or in things too [c]difficult for me.
2 Surely I have composed and quieted my soul;
Like a weaned child rests [d]against his mother,
My soul is like a weaned child [e]within me.
3 O Israel, hope in the Lord
From this time forth and forever.
O -  Oh David how pure your heart and soul is.  Look at the humbleness and trust David displays.  I wonder if he had to posture himself that way or if his soul just resided there at all times.  I suspect it is a conscious decision he had to make daily,  to quiet his soul, humble his heart,  and focus his eyes on God and not the world and circumstances in front of himself.

A -  The application for me is to understand that having a child like trust in the Lord is not a nature given to man but a choice we (I) must make.   I must follow David's  example, and humble my heart,  set my eyes on the Lord,  do not put myself towards great matters of things in this world, but rather quiet my soul and trust in the Lord.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's devotion, may it change me inside and out.  Lord send your spirit to guide and prompt me when my eyes, heart, and mind begin to wander toward great matters in this world, and not on simply sitting at your fit, listening, and trusting in you.  I pray all of these things in Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment