Friday, October 11, 2013

Encouraged by God and Nehemiah to stand firm

S - nehemiah 6 NASB
10 When I entered the house of Shemaiah the son of Delaiah, son of Mehetabel, who was [h]confined at home, he said, “Let us meet together in the house of God, within the temple, and let us close the doors of the temple, for they are coming to kill you, and they are coming to kill you at night.” 11 But I said, “Should a man like me flee? And could one such as I go into the temple [i]to save his life? I will not go in.” 12 Then I perceived [j]that surely God had not sent him, but he uttered his prophecy against me because Tobiah and Sanballat had hired him. 13 He was hired for this reason, that I might become frightened and act accordingly and sin, so that they might have an evil report in order that they could reproach me. 14 Remember, O my God, Tobiah and Sanballat according to these works of theirs, and also Noadiah the prophetess and the rest of the prophets who were trying to frighten me.

O - I love this story of Nehemiah and the rebuilding of the gates of Jerusalem amidst great external pressure.  A mentor of mine likened this story to the work I do in shipyards and today once again God is showing me His lessons for my life through scripture.   Here we see Nehemiah who see's his enemies are conspiring against him and rather than become afraid he strengthens himself in the Lord , who has sent him on a mission to Jerusalem and made every way possible so far.  He used his spiritual discernment on whom to trust and what to do.

A - There is so much more to unpack here that I feel like this is just the beginning.  I know for me I feel like I am purposely place in an environment where  there is both great opportunity and great resistance.   I will be encouraged by Nehemiah today to  understand my calling and my source of wisdom and strength as God, and God alone.  I must confidently keep stepping forward.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for this day , your word, your calling and your strength.  I pray you continue to fill me with courage to be a man of God like Nehemiah and stand firm in what you are calling me to do.  I pray all of this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment