Thursday, August 22, 2013

A change of seasons - coming back from Babylon


S-Jeremiah 28
Thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, ‘I have broken the yoke of the king of Babylon. Within two years I am going to bring back to this place all the vessels of the Lord’s house, which Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon took away from this place and carried to Babylon. I am also going to bring back to this place Jeconiah the son of Jehoiakim, king of Judah, and all the exiles of Judah who went to Babylon,’ declares the Lord, ‘for I will break the yoke of the king of Babylon.’”

O - God was good to the people of Israel in that he continued to speak to them through the prophet Jeremiah before, during, and leading out of their exile to Babylon.  This portion of scripture is speaking to the exiles in Babylon, that though they have been in exile for a season, the Lord is getting ready to bring them back.   

A -  The application for me is to be encouraged in this season coming back to Hawaii.  Encouraged that God's season in Monterrey had its purpose, for correction, growth, and rest,  but he is bringing us back to the land that we are called to.  

P - I am so thankful God for your perfect provision, and your loving kindness.  You know my heart and my limits, and my hearts desire is to follow you.  I am thanks for the season of rest in Monterey, the season of family strengthening,  I pray Lord your will and focuses for me and my family in this season would be revealed.


No comments:

Post a Comment