Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Lord is our Rock - at home and at work



S psalm 144

144 Blessed be the Lordmy rock,
Who trains my hands for war,
And my fingers for battle;
My lovingkindness and my fortress,
My stronghold and my deliverer,
My shield and He in whom I take refuge,
Who subdues [a]my people under me.
Lordwhat is man, that You take knowledge of him?
Or the son of man, that You think of him?
Man is like a mere breath;
His days are like a passing shadow.


O - This definitely sounds like David, although I am not for certain.  David a leader of incredible faith, who despite the manning victories and blessing the lord has laid upon him,  knows where his strength comes from.  The Lord prepares him for the calling his has on his life, to lead the nation.  He is required to put himself before vulnerable situations and rely on God to be his strength and protector.  He even rely's on God to lead those under him.   The explanation is simple ,  who is more capable , God or man.  The God of eternity, or the whisper of a man.

A - The application for me is to put my faith in God, the author of my life, and He who is in full control of all that is on earth and in heaven.   At work I must remember to allow God to go before me and be my strength and protector.  At home I have to trust him to go before me and lead my family,  my wife, my children, so that we would be aligned and covered by his wisdom , power, and grace.   

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the incredible opportunity to know you, to be led by you.  My shadow mission is to work for leaders I love.  You Jesus, are that leader I love to follow and will follow you wherever you lead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment