Monday, August 26, 2013

Bearers of Gods truth


S - 3 John 1
11 Beloved, do not imitate what is evil, but what is good. The one who does good is of God; the one who does evil has not seen God.

O - John is writing this letter to a particular member of the church encouraging him to continue responding in the truth that has been revealed with how we as christians are to behave to one another and the world.  There was a member of this church who was making false accusations against John, and was not acting as a Christian should.    This very same concern occurs today, that though the truth is presented, some do not receive the truth completely and behave poorly.

A - The application for me is to recognize, in my home, at church, and in the work place I am to be a bearer of the truth.  I am to consider myself one who does good and is of God.   I know I fall short of Jesus' perfection on earth, but I must continue to try and be a banner bearer for Christ.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for todays lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment