Thursday, August 29, 2013

Be wary of becoming luke warm



S -rev 3
 ‘I know your deeds, that you have a name that you are alive, [a]but you are dead. Wake up, and strengthen the things that remain, which were about to die; for I have not found your deeds completed in the sight of My God. Soremember [b]what you have received and heard; and keep it, and repent. Therefore if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what hour I will come to you. But you have a few [c]people in Sardis who have notsoiled their garments; and they will walk with Me in white, for they are worthy. He who overcomes will thus be clothed inwhite garments; and I will not erase his name from the book of life, and I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.
...
15 I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot; I wish that you were cold or hot. 16 So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will [l]spit you out of My mouth. 17 Because you say, “I am rich, and have become wealthy, and have need of nothing,” and you do not know that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked, 18 I advise you to buy from Me gold refined by fire so that you may become rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself, and that the shame of your nakedness will not be revealed; and eye salve to anoint your eyes so that you may see. 19 Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent. 20 Behold, I standat the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me. 21 He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne. 

O - This letter is to another of the church at the time.  Likely one that John was familiar with and this revelation is from Christ through John, to that church.   They had seemingly become followers of Christ, after his death and felt the zeal of salvation and the excited of the eternal calling to be one of God's children.  However as time passed and life settled in around them they had become luke warm or in other words no longer zealous, but not quite apathetic.  Therefore Christ speaks firmly with them to wake them up, give the opportunity for repentance and an invitation to follow him.

A - This exhotation was for that church, and for churches today that have walked that same path, but most of all this morning it is for me.   I must be careful not to become (or remain) lukewarm.  I have grown in wisdom in many ways but one way that likely has held me back from God's best, is the change from attitude in my early walk of following Christ with reckless abandon.   Today,  I am aware I am in a new season, one in which great provision and caution could leave me luke warm,  I must continue to seek the lord, knock, and trust him to to lead me.

P -  Dear heavenly Father, I am overwhelmed with thankfulness for what you have done for me in bringing me back to hawaii.  Lord I pray that I not become luke warm and that this passion and fire that you have put in me I could use for your glory, at work and at home.  I pray all this in Jesus name.

No comments:

Post a Comment