Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Kingdom of God dwells in us

Kingdom of God dwells in us

 S- Ezekial :24-28 (NASB)
 24 “My servant David will be king over them, and they will all have one shepherd; and they will walk in My ordinances and keep My statutes and observe them. 25 They will live on the land that I gave to Jacob My servant, in which your fathers lived; and they will live on it, they, and their sons and their sons’ sons, forever; and David My servant will be their prince forever. 26 I will make a covenant of peace with them; it will be an everlasting covenant with them. And I will place them and multiply them, and will set My sanctuary in their midst forever. 27 My dwelling place also will be with them; and I will be their God, and they will be My people. 28 And the nations will know that I am the LORD who sanctifies Israel, when My sanctuary is in their midst forever.”’”

O - Again, I am am probably not biblically scholarly enough to interpret or exegesis this scripture, but I sense God is given all His people a clear vision of what the kingdom is God is like.  For the Israelites He was giving them a vision of what His promises where as He was going to bring them back to the promised land and restore them from their exile.   For all of humanity He is describing His plan for salvation of all, and how this new covenant will be similar but much different from the old one.    His promise is that we will live in this promised land for ever, leading me to believe He is speaking Kingdom, not just the place in the middle east where Israel is.   He speaks of his servant David who will be king and prince over the people forever,  which I interpret to be the fortelling of the coming of Christ.  He speaks of His dwelling place will always be with them, forever. This is similar to the old sanctuary being in Jerusalem where God's spirit actually came down to and resided in the Holy of Holy's.  But in the new covenant He will dwell in each and every one of us, and His promise it to not dwell in a building but to dwell in us. 

A -  The application for me is to soak in God plan, and His covenant with us,  with me.   How great is our God who humbled Himself,  sent his only son Jesus to die, so that the new covenant could be made with us.  One in which He now dwells in me, and leads me in an everlasting relationship.   I must never forget He is in me, and that He is for me, will never foresake me, and is trustworthy of my love and worship.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that your spirit would reside peacefully in me, as our relationship grows, may you be magnified.

No comments:

Post a Comment