Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Repentance - God's pleasure

Repentance - God's pleasure

 S -  Ezekial 33:11 (NASB)
, ‘As I live!’ declares the Lord GOD, ‘I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn back, turn back from your evil ways! Why then will you die, O house of Israel?’

O -  These words come from the prophet Ezekial who is explaining to the people of Israel the roles and requirements of himself as a prophet as well as the people's response to what he is proclaiming.  He basically says as a prophet if he refuses to tell the people God will hold him responsible (i.e. the blood will be on his hands) as well as the people will face the consequence anyway that God is trying to warn them about and get them to repent and turn away from their wicked ways.  In this scripture we see the Father's heart, the tenderness and grace of our God, that he takes no pleasure in the the death of the wicked. 

A - This is almost incomprehendable for me to understand how God can love those that have rebelled against Him, always reserving forgiveness up to the very end.  I know I am not like that but want to grow more like Christ in this idea of grace and mercy.  You see when I see the wicked (especially those who have done something wrong to me),  I can honestly say my heart is so impure I look forward to them receiving some sort of just punishment, and when they do I can almost see myself rejoicing inside.  But God is breaking my heart of this even as I write this, that he takes no pleasure in even the wicked facing the consequences they face, and is always hoping they will turn back to him.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your heart to invest in me through you word and your spirit.   Thank you for breaking my heart for what breaks yours.  I pray Lord that you would help me to change whatever spirit of judgement and turn it toward a spirit of grace and mercy.  Help me Lord to leave all judgment to you.  In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment