Monday, September 26, 2011

God builds it, protects it , or it falls

God builds it, protects it , or it falls


S  -  Psalm 127: 1-2 (NASB)
 1 Unless the LORD builds the house,
They labor in vain who build it;
Unless the LORD guards the city,
The watchman keeps awake in vain.
2 It is vain for you to rise up early,
To retire late,
To eat the bread of painful labors;
For He gives to His beloved even in his sleep.

O - The Lord is the Lord of everything.  This psalm has such simple and profound wisdom, yet I believe all mankind struggles to walk in this truth.   I am not exempt from missing much of this in my own life, but it is a simple reminder to build my life with God as the architect.  To trust in the lord to guard it,  to labor only as much as he needs me to, and to trust in his provision , both strength and rest.

A - As reflect on the opposites to this verse, I begin to see God undoing those parts of my life that were not from Him, that I have created.   I have spent the first 30 years of my life building my own house, with hard work and pain.   My design and vision for this house was a successful career, financial security, successful family.  All things that seem good, but where not built by the Lord but by my own ideas and my own strength, and as a result always susceptible to falling down.  Whether it be my career, my marriage, my finances, that which was not built from the Lord has over the years fallen away.   God has helped me die to some old decisions and habits I have chosen, and replaced them with His values and guidance.   What I have guarded out of desire not lose (my finances) was in vain, and when I invested in things I thought full of promise  it was easily snatched away.  When I invested in gifts from God He blessed it and guarded it.   When I worked hard to achieve something I found valueable the dreams of the future where taken away by others in the world,  but when I worked hard to build something God had planted in my heart, he grew it, guarded it, and provided for it in a manner that was not exhausting but exhilirating.   When my life is aligned with God my labor is not painful, but joyful, my rest is not insufficient, but his provision is sufficient.  

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your speaking into my life, Lord I pray that you would continue to help me build my house with you as the architect.   I pray Lord for your protection over my life and all that is off you.  I pray Lord that you would guide me in my labors, so that I might not labor in vain, but instead follow you will in all things.  I pray this in Jesus name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment