Monday, September 12, 2011

God's truth revealed to those He calls

God's truth revealed to those He calls

S -  Dan 4:34-37 (NASB)
... I  Nebuchadnezzar, raised my eyes toward heaven and my reason returned to me, and I blessed the Most High and praised and honored Him who lives forever;
   For His dominion is an everlasting dominion,
And His kingdom endures from generation to generation.
35 “All the inhabitants of the earth are accounted as nothing,
But He does according to His will in the host of heaven
And among the inhabitants of earth;
And no one can ward off His hand
Or say to Him, ‘What have You done?’
 36 At that time my reason returned to me. And my majesty and splendor were restored to me for the glory of my kingdom, and my counselors and my nobles began seeking me out; so I was reestablished in my sovereignty, and surpassing greatness was added to me. 37 Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise, exalt and honor the King of heaven, for all His works are true and His ways just, and He is able to humble those who walk in pride.”

O -  These are the words from the greatest Babylonian king that ruled, and goes to show us that God's sovereignty reigns.   The context of this scripture is that Daniel has just revealed the meaning behind one of the Kings dreams, an interpretation which Daniel warned the King to humble himself before the Lord or the Lord would humble him, by setting him out, as cattle to eat grass, and collect dew on his back (i.e. be outdoor all night).  Nebuchadnezzar failed to heed Daniels warnings, and therefore the King experience all that was revealed in his dream.   The awesome part those is how that experience changed the King, he humbled himself, acknowledged God, and his majesty on his throne was restored.   How amazing is that God took someone who was not a chosen person, and employed him in a way to discipline his chosen people who He placed in exile. How great is our God who can lead anyone to salvation and restoration.


A -  The application for me is to recognize God's sovereignty over all people,  not just Christians.  It is He who calls people to Himself, and not just those who are doing all the right things, those called according to His purposes.    I must be both like Daniel and Nebuchadnezzar, always willing to acknowledge the Lord, His truth and His purposed for me, and those people in and around my life.   God is calling His people to Him, and I am not to get in the way of His truth reaching them, nor am I to judge who God chooses to use.


P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you would help me to speak your Truth, with your Love , into those lives you place before me. Help me Lord to have the strength and courage to speak the truth, and to trust in your ways.   I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment