Saturday, June 5, 2010

Trusting deeply in my wife

Trusting deeply in my wife
S- Prov 31:10-11 (NASB)
10An excellent wife, who can find?
For her worth is far above jewels.
11The heart of her husband trusts in her,
And he will have no lack of gain.

O - I really do have a proverbs 31 wife, and I am convicted that I have not done my part in leading and shepherding her well. I am thankful that God is teaching me and revealing what that should look like. Today He is showing me that in my heart I must trust my wife. I think I know what that means, I must die to the thoughts that can run through my head about what her motives are and why she doesn't do things the way I would do them. It is my lack of trust at times that is the biggest barrier to my fulling loving my wife the way God intended.

A - The application for me is to submit to God and do as he wisely commands through this proverb to trust deeply in my heart, my wife. For me this requires a lot of dieing to myself, and I confess that my flesh at times is stubborn, prideful, and judgmental, and these barriers must be continually died to in order for me to truly trust in my heart my wife.

P - Lord, I need your help with this, I can't do this on my own. Though I know the right thing to do, the battle inside of me continue to rage on to behave in a manner pleasing to you and honoring to my wife. I pray for real transformation in me Lord, to find freedom from my pride and truth in mind in times of judgment. I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment