Saturday, June 12, 2010

Do all things without grumbling and disputing

Do all things without grumbling and disputing

S - Phil 2:12-16 (NASB)
12So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling;

13for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.

14Do all things without grumbling or disputing;

15so that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear as lights in the world,

16holding fast the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I will have reason to glory because I did not run in vain nor toil in vain.



O - To be a servant of Christ is not easy, and requires a lot of dieing to self. The scripture reminds us that we are to work out our salvation with fear and trembling; the reason though is because God is going to do something extra ordinary with our lives no that we have given our lives to Christ. And since we freely chose and received salvation we are then to take on these challenges without complaining or arguing with God, especially in front of other people. We are to be a light to the world, and if we as Christians serve the lord while walking around grumbling, people won't be drawn to the light, they instead think, what's different about being a Christian, they too toil and grumble.



A - The application for me is at work, in ministry and at home, I can not be caught externally grumbling, for my witness as a Christian needs to be true - i.e. I must actually be living a life of challenges which are overcome by the power of Christ in my life. This needs to be done by realizing that God is working through me through my challenges and trials, to reach the world and change lives. I am to ground my grumbling to Christ, and to other men who can act as lightning rods to the struggles and complaints I have in my life, so that light is all that is revealed to the world.



P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart. Lord I pray you would prompt me to ground all things in Christ, and help me shine the light you have put in me, so the world may know the truth of who you are and the promises you offer. I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment