Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Not judging other Christians or causing them to stumble

Not judging other Christians or causing them to stumble
S - Romans 14:1-4,13 (NASB)
1Now accept the one who is weak in faith, but not for the purpose of passing judgment on his opinions.
2One person has faith that he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats vegetables only.

3The one who eats is not to regard with contempt the one who does not eat, and the one who does not eat is not to judge the one who eats, for God has accepted him.

4Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

...

13Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather determine this--not to put an obstacle or a stumbling block in a brother's way.

O - I feel this is for those of us in ministry who struggle at times with other brothers and sisters we serve along side. We each know that God has transformed our lives, and that he continues to grow us each and every day; however, we often treat others as if they should be held to the standard of where we are in our faith and discipline. I have seen (and probably been a part of myself) situations where one Christian will be speaking (complaining) about another Christian's "un-Christian" like behavior, and sit in judgement of the individual. This scripture helps me understand we are to accept those who are weaker in faith, and more importantly we are to leave it to the Lord to evaluate and discipline their faith, because He is their Lord , and not us.

A - The application for me is to understand my role as a leader, equipper, and servant that I am to help others understand the principle of not judging others we serve along side with of differing levels of spiritual maturity, we are to release that t the Lord, and even more so ensure we ourselves don't become a stumbling block for the individuals we serve along side.



P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your lesson today, may it be sealed to my heart. I pray Lord you would continue to speak truth and life into me, my ministry, and change and transform me to be more like Christ everyday, especially when it comes to interacting with other Christians. I pray this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment