Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Seeking wise counsel when making strategic decisions

Seeking wise counsel when making strategic decisions
S - Prov 20:18 (NASB)
"Prepare plans by consultation,
And make war by wise guidance."

O - I am struggling a little with understanding God's ways, especially when it comes to be a strategic thinker, and vision oriented person. I can passionately apply my gifts, talents, and natural abilities, and still not produce the fruit that I had hoped. This proverb reveals/confirms to me the truth of His ways, he desires us to seek wise counsel before making big strategic decisions, and certainly before making war (or taking on a challenge that will be a battle). I am still growing in this area, as when God gives me an inspired mission, I passionately pursue it, seeking wise counsel of friends and mentors, but still falling short of seeking God's truth and guidance in situations.

A - The application the Lord is speaking to me is that I am am to continue seeking counsel of men and women who are "wise" by His standard, wise in the word, wise in His ways. This will help guide and prompt me a direction to head. Ultimately the wise counsel I must allow to make the final decision is the wise counsel of the Holy Spirit. This is the area I need to practice diligently and hold firm to this proverb.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart. I pray Lord your voice would become clearer to me, and that my discipline to seeking you would be strengthened when making plans, especially for things that you have called me to. I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment