Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Walking in the gift of prophesy

 S - Act 2:17-18  (NASB)

And it shall be in the last days,’ God says,
That I will pour forth of My Spirit on all [q]mankind;
And your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
And your young men shall see visions,
And your old men shall dream dreams;
18 Even on My bondslaves, both men and women,
will in those days pour forth of My Spirit
And they shall prophesy.

O - God has a plan for us,  to pour forth His spirit on mankind so that they will no longer speak from their thoughts but rather echo the spirit that is within them.   They will speak of visions and dreams they will have of their future and thus will prophesy of things to come that they may be ready for the last days.  

A -  The application for me is to understand God's promise through the prophet Joel, that we will pour out His Spirit onto us so that we may prophesy.   Part of what I believe is God has intended me to have and learn to walk in this gift, for the service of Church,  and not for my own gains.   I must simply ask for His spirit to be upon me and allow His voice to instruct me in the plans He has for our future.  

P -  Dear heavenly Father thank you for your spirit and your message to me.  I pray Lord you teach me how to walk in the gift of prophesy and that you reveal to me your plans for the future of my family, my ministry, and your people.   I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment