Thursday, October 22, 2020

The Gospel for the whole world

 S - Act 15:7-11  (NASB)

Peter stood up and said to them, “Brethren, you know that [d]in the early days God made a choice among you, that by my mouth the Gentiles would hear the word of the gospel and believe. And God, who knows the heart, testified to them giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He also did to us; and He made no distinction between us and them, cleansing their hearts by faith. 10 Now therefore why do you put God to the test by placing upon the neck of the disciples a yoke which neither our fathers nor we have been able to bear? 11 But we believe that we are saved through the grace of the Lord Jesus, in the same way as they also are.”

O -  The Gospel is simple and is for everyone, "For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son."    It is God's grace that saves and it is from God's chosen people Israel from whom salvation comes, in that Jesus came from Israel.  But the reconciliation of God with all of mankind not just those of the Jewish faith is God's plan for the entire world.   Today I think at times we Christians can create a tribe similar to Israel and place burdens on those that are not Christian by adding to the Gospel requirements to be known as a Christian.    But all who fall short are welcomed into a reconciled relationship God if they only accept the sacrifice Jesus made for them, this is the free gift from God which requires not actions other than to believe and receive. 

A - The application for me is to make sure I am not becoming a tribe of Christians but rather be a follower of Christ.   At work and at home my testimony should be how I follow Christ in my daily life and not simple membership in a local Christian church.   It is my life outside the church that will testify the Gospel to those who don't yet know Jesus as their Lord and Savior. 

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your message, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord for all those that don't yet know Jesus in and around me.  I pray that you would use me as a witness to who you are and the love you have for everyone.   I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment