Monday, October 5, 2020

Come humbly before the Lord

 S- Luke  18:131-14 (NASB)

 13 But the tax collector, standing some distance away, was even unwilling to lift up his eyes to heaven, but was beating his breast, saying, ‘God, be [f]merciful to me, the sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

O -  Being humble of spirit is a key component of coming to God, not showing your righteousness but rather exalting God and not yourself.  If you come humble God will exalt you and answer your prayer because of your posture to Him.

A -  The application for me is to come humble to the Lord and present my request to restore my marriage, and show me how I am to love Abby.   I need to come humble, and seek the Lords ways and not my own.   Allow Him to show me how to love Abby, like he does.

P - Dear heavenly Father, I come to you humbly seeking your help,  I can't do this on my own.  I desire to love your daughter Abby how you do, so that she might blossom and flourish, rather than wither and die.   I pray lord you soften my heart and give me the words to lift up Abby.  I pray all this in Jesus name,  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment