Monday, June 22, 2020

Be nourished in words of Faith

S - 1 Timothy 4:6-10 (NASB)
In pointing out these things to the brethren, you will be a good servant of Christ Jesus, constantly nourished on the words of the faith and of the [b]sound doctrine which you have been following. But [c]have nothing to do with worldly fables fit only for old women. On the other hand, discipline yourself for the purpose of godliness; for bodily discipline is only of little profit, but godliness is profitable for all things, since it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come. It is a trustworthy statement deserving full acceptance. 10 For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers.

O - After a very long break and season of walking through the valley, I am coming out on the otherside, through God's grace I am here and restoring my love for Him and faith in His ways.  This passage Paul is advising Timothy on how to live and lead the local church.   He said to constantly be nourished by words of faith and sound doctrine, and not follow the ways of the world (gossip).

A - The application for me is to renew my vigor and spirit to seek to be nourished by God.  Having walk through the valley of darkness I am coming back to Jesus and the word of God and am committed to daily seeking God's face and being fed by His word.

P - Dear heavenly Father,  thank you so much for never giving up on me, for showing me love and Grace, and teaching me how to love like you do.  Help me to be a good steward of this life you have given me,  I pray all this in Jesus name.

No comments:

Post a Comment