Saturday, June 27, 2020

Turn away from the ways of the world


S- 2 Tim 3:2-5 (NASB)
 For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, [a]haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, holding to a form of [b]godliness, although they have denied its power;

O- This is a warning to Timothy about what type of people will become the dominant culture in end times.   All the these traits show disobedience to living  a life obedient to God and in his perfect design on how we are to live.

A - The application for me is to see this as a warning to me.  I have at times had one or more of these traits show its head in my own life, even after receiving salvation of Jesus Christ.  It doesn't mean I have failed, it just means I have succumb to the ways of the world which in the end will be misaligned with God.  I must be careful not to live in these ways; but when I find myself venturing into an area that is unhealthy,  I must repent and seek God, correct back to His ways.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your love and grace.  I confess I wandered in a few of these personal traits and I know repent for all the wrong I have done.  I ask for your grace and guidance on how to recover those parts of my life affected by these sins.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment