Tuesday, March 6, 2018

take refuge under the Lords wings

take refuge under the Lord’s wings
S - Psalm 36 (NIV) 
 5 Your love, Lord, reaches to the heavens,    your faithfulness(A) to the skies.(B)   6 Your righteousness(A) is like the highest mountains,(B)    your justice like the great deep.(C)    You, Lord, preserve both people and animals.(D)   7 How priceless is your unfailing love, O God!(A)    People take refuge in the shadow of your wings.(B)   8 They feast on the abundance of your house;(A)    you give them drink from your river(B) of delights.(C)   9 For with you is the fountain of life;(A)    in your light(B) we see light. 10 Continue your love(A) to those who know you,(B)    your righteousness to the upright in heart.(C)   11 May the foot of the proud not come against me,    nor the hand of the wicked(A) drive me away.   12 See how the evildoers lie fallen—    thrown down, not able to rise!(A) 

O -  This psalm of David , gives me a great image of who our God is.  He is large, in charge, full of love, for those who take refuge in Him,  He gives them rest and shelter.  To the proud and wicked he defeats them, and protects those under his wing from them.  

A - The application for me is to take refuge under God’s wing like he has offered.  I need to trust Him to fight the battle’s with those around me who seek to harm me.   To trust in Him and His way in my current situation where I don’t trust my boss, and fear for my future plans.   I am reminded to submit my plans to the Lord and let Him lead the leaders.


P -  Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for today’s devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  Lord I confess my trust in you is being tested, as I give an audience all to often to my fear that my plan in Puget will not be fulfilled,  when in fact your plan is being worked as we speak.  Lord I put my trust in you and will wait on you under the wings of your refuge.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment